TSA arms its security analysts with cutting-edge software to hunt for network intrusions
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dec. 06, 2017 — Sqrrl, an industry-leading provider of threat hunting software, announced today that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has contracted with Govplace to deploy Sqrrl’s Threat Hunting Platform. Sqrrl’s threat hunting software performs deep inspections of IT environments to proactively identify the presence of compromises and swiftly evict any cyber adversaries that may exist.
“We are honored to partner with TSA and assist them with their threat hunting program,” said Ely Kahn, Sqrrl Co-Founder and Vice President of Business Development. “Our unique approach to threat hunting will enhance TSA’s threat detection capability while also potentially reducing the time and resources required for threat investigations.”
Sqrrl’s Threat Hunting Platform was able to satisfy the various requirements proposed by TSA for a threat hunting tool, which included:
- Enable scalable cyber data analytics and machine learning capability for searching and detecting anomalous behaviors in the TSA enterprise.
- Support highly scalable data analytics and data search with the ability to scale to petabytes of data and support near real-time search across all of the stores data stretching back a year or more.
- Provide a risk scoring framework that prioritizes both high-risk behaviors and high-risk users and entities.
- Provide a graphical user interface that supports threat hunting workflows via the use of link analysis.
TSA intends to integrate Sqrrl with its existing security solutions, as well as share Sqrrl-generated data with the Department of Homeland Security.
GovPlace is serving as the prime contractor and value added reseller for the deployment of Sqrrl’s Threat Hunting Platform at TSA. TSA awarded the contract via the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FirstSource II contract vehicle.
To learn more about Sqrrl and Threat Hunting:
- Watch our overview “Introduction to Sqrrl – Who We Are in a Nutshell”
- Review our practical threat hunting guidebook that has 8,000+ downloads
- Register for our “How to Hunt for…” webinar series with 10,000+ signups
- Tune into our podcast to hear advice from cyber threat hunters to CISOs
Sqrrl is the threat hunting company that enables security analysts to discover advanced threats proactively and reduces the time and resources required to investigate them. Sqrrl’s industry-leading Threat Hunting Platform unites link analysis, advanced machine learning analytics, and multi-petabyte scalability capabilities into an integrated solution. Learn more at http://www.sqrrl.com
Govplace is a value-added reseller and systems integrator, exclusively focused on providing the public sector with best of breed products, services, and solutions. We bring a unique combination of California innovation and beltway understanding into each engagement to ensure our federal customers are achieving measurable business and technical outcomes. Guided by a deep understanding of government contracting, an expansive portfolio of contracting vehicles, and demonstrated expertise in leading technologies and solutions, Govplace takes a strategic approach to technology-lead transformation and modernization to improve business and operational efficiency. Visit http://www.govplace.com for more information.